Tuesday, January 6, 2009

We're in Lubbock

We just got to our campground in Lubbock and took a quick swim (indoor pool) after a long day of driving. Well, it wasn't that long, except that waiting in line at Wal-Mart can make any day drag on (after finally getting to the front of the line and unloading our groceries, the woman in front of us realized she had left her debit card and proceeded to wait for her husband to bring it from home. Seriously.).

We drove past the most ridiculously large wind farm I have ever seen in my life. It must be T. Boone Pickens' new one because it was literally 110 miles long (with maybe a 10 mile break in the middle). I'm a little obsessed with wind turbines and such so I thoroughly enjoyed it. The only problem was that we were driving into the wind the entire day and barely got 7 mpg (we had been averaging 9.9 for the trip) and it was a fight to keep the Mav in its lane.

Anyways, here we are yesterday in Ranger, Texas -




New Mexico tomorrow (Lord willing). Thanks for keeping up, we've been so blessed and had so much fun the past couple weeks...

- Jeremiah

4 comments:

Vikings... Mean Ones. said...

Dwight and I are planning to arrive in LA on Feb. 4 or 5, so you two better be there! Oh... and let me know where that windmill farm is cause I want to drive past it. Love you both!

- Robby

dwight castle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dwight castle said...

ditto on what robby said and jer, as soon as you said windmills i thought of our bus ride to pamplona. remember all those windmill/turbines? and then the school bell ringing "A flat, F, A flat, F..." haha, miss you guys!

Crista said...

Yeah you are in my home town. Say Hi to it for me. Hope you guys are having a great time!