Sunday, February 1, 2009

Almost A Year Ago

About 10 months ago, I was in LA visiting my sister Susannah and I drove up to Malibu to spend the weekend with Jas, Katherine, and James. That Saturday night, we went to a restaurant across from the beach called Malibu Seafood and met Katherine's sister Amy and her friend John David. It was a great little restaurant with an amazing view and we had a lot of fun talking and laughing and getting to know each other.

Yesterday I found myself back at Malibu Seafood. About 300 days had passed but I was once again there with Jas, Katherine, James, Amy and John David. The strange thing is that I also had my wife, Sarah, with me this time and due to the crazy and unexpected events in Jas and Katty's lives over the past year, the rest of the Arnold family was with us as well (Brooks, Kim and Grace) along with Sarah's cousin Johnny.

It was such a weird feeling to see how drastically life can change in such a relatively short time and it really made us both stop and think. The Lord has been so good, but these last 10 months have rarely been easy for most of that group. Here's a quick video of us there.



Thanks again for keeping up. We are certainly treasuring this time and it has definitely made us even more thankful for those back 'home' (wherever that is).

Love you all...

- Jeremiah and Sarah

1 comment:

Sam Simmons said...

Sarah - I think this the place I met the Wolf pack for lunch several years back. The background of the pic looks familiar. love - Sam and Trish