Sunday, March 15, 2009

Manuel Antonio

As I mentioned earlier, Sarah and I are headed to Costa Rica on Wednesday for the wedding of my college roommate. One interesting thing about the wedding is that he chose to have it on the beach in Manuel Antonio...the same beach we decided to drive to after college. It took us about 10 weeks and 7,000 miles of driving and ended in a way we were hoping to avoid, but it was quite a trip nonetheless.

So, in honor of that journey, I decided to post some old pictures from that road trip (now almost four years ago) since I will be headed to that same spot in a couple days.

Along the road...this was a common sight.



Another shot on the road.



One of the huts we stayed at along the way...this one even had a garage.



Chichen Itza



Somewhere in Chiapas



Lake Atitlan in Guatemala



Drew with Alejandro, a hitchhiker we picked up. Twice (one week and about 1,000 miles after picking him up the first time).



Tikal in Guatemala.



Tulum, near Cancun, about three hours before a hurricane hit the Yucatan.



A hut we lived in for about a week somewhere in Mexico (these are not in order at all).



The view from the top of a volcano in Guatemala looking over Lake Atitlan.



The sunset in Barra de Navidad. I've seen a lot of sunsets, but this place is the best.



And the unofficial end to our trip. We will be driving this same road on Wednesday, hopefully with more success.



Thanks for humoring me...I hadn't looked through those pictures in years.

- Jeremiah

No comments: